20230308 I used Bing and ChatGPT with very basic coding(Javascript bookmarklet)

 


Today I used ChatGPT and New Bing's chatbot for code revision.
The results were... stunning. Just stunning. No words.
First I used Bing, but the answer wasn't understandable. And it didn't give me a revised code. So I used ChatGPT instead.
ChatGPT gave me a fixed code instantly. It didn't work at first, but when I asked why it didn't work, it gave me a 2nd revised code and it worked pretty great.
Then I tried using Bing again, and Bing had a different approach compared to ChatGPT. It suggested me a few different ways to revise the code, and when I asked it about how/ what it meant, it gave me a very thorough explanation about the code and how it functions. As a teacher, Bing definitely was a better one. It didn't gave me the final results, but it showed me the procedure. If I knew about coding/programming language a bit more, I think Bing's answer could've helped me more to become a better programmer. But as a non-programmer who barely knows anything about the language(code), ChatGPT was substantially more helpful.
So, which is better? I don't think that is the right question. Each chatbot has its own feature; ChatGPT for more effectiveness/productiveness, while Bing's Prometheus for 'Learning the basics/concept'.

Anyway, here's the final results from the AI big bros. The function of this javascript bookmarklet is to download a certain type(jpg, mp3, avi, etc) of files from the webpage, with just one click. It might be good for... certain things. Less chronic wrist/finger pain.

javascript:(function(){ var arr=[], l=document.links; var ext=prompt("select extension for download (all links containing that, will be downloaded.", ".jpg"); for(var i=0; i<l.length; i++) { if(l[i].href.indexOf(ext) !== -1){ l[i].setAttribute("download",l[i].text); (function(i) { setTimeout(function(){ l[i].click(); }, i*500); })(i); } } })();

Comments

Popular posts from this blog