20230427

 


I was 99% sure that I uploaded yesterday, but it seems I was wrong. Why do I always forget to upload on Blogspot? I rarely miss posting my diary on Naver Blog service. Maybe it is because I am just more familiar writing with Korean, rather than English. I don't have that much problem reading English, or listening to English videos but writing, expressing my feelings and thoughts through foreign words is a different matter.
This reminds me of the new AI based translation - deepL uses a different algorithm technique compared to other translation companies, I've heard. They use the 'diffusion' model, like diffusing an image. But they are diffusing a cluster of words. Kind of similar to LLM, right? I'm not an expert on this topic, but it is still pretty interesting to think about the new language AI models have similarities, chatbots and translation bots.
I personally think that language impacts humans on a very, very huge level. U think the vocabulary and grammar of a particular language can affect a growing child the way he thinks. It reflects the cultural experience that existed for hundreds and thousands of years, the remains of our ancestors. So, learning a new language can actually impact how a person thinks, and feel. The new translator AI model will enable people to communicate more freely, with less misunderstanding. With less misunderstanding, there will be less conflict. With less conflict, the world may become a better place.

Anyway today is my mom's birthday! Happy birthday mom! I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog