20230429

 


I was supposed to go hiking today, but it rained quite heavily than I anticipated. So I went to the library, and borrowed some SF novels. It was called 'SFnal 2021', a compilation of short stories written by various authors. I've read the very first bit so far, written by Ken Liu, Ted Chiang and Greg Egan. They were.... a bit darker than I expected. Especially Ken Liu's one. They were stories about all kinds of real-life events that might happen in real life (shootings, deepfakes, people hiding behind anonymity and disparaging others, etc.), but as I read them, I found that they were quite ... Despite the shock, I couldn't take my eyes off it. It was fun, but after reading about 3 episodes, I ran out of strength (I woke up early today and was a little tired), so I closed the book and returned home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog